SSH hangs on exit

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at iesabroad.org
Wed Nov 9 16:08:36 UTC 2005

This is a fairly common issue, often caused by your remote shell waiting
for some process that had started to stop.  You can kill ssh by sending
it a return followed by a "~."  (tilde period)  Or you can background it
by sending a return followed by a "~^z"  (tilde ctl+z) then background
the ssh process as your normally would by typing "bg" and hitting enter.

	-Mike