Yum disaster! DELETED mysql!

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Thu Nov 10 19:31:48 UTC 2005

Nat Gross wrote:

>>What do you called as a standard package?
>>

>Something along the lines of xml schemas/dtd's.
>Every distro should/can have its dtd/schema for the pkg info. If the
>rpm's xml adheres to that schema, its standard.
>I wish I had the time to get in on the yum list, but I have my hands
>full right now. (If you followed my other glibc thread, mysql
>--->oracle, etc.) If anyone wants to file a bugzilla for me, I would
>thank her/him.
>
>-nat
>ps. I am certain everyone is busy, but still...

What you are suggestion or discussing here is not a straight forward bug
report at all. What would be appropriate is to provide the logs, details
and suggestions in the yum devel list to see whats feasible and
appropriate for yum to do when working on non repository packages.  Any
such discussions on end user list is going to just get lost in the list
noise after sometime.

regards
Rahul