Problem printing a TIFF file to fit an 8.5 x 11" sheet of paper

Gilbert Sebenste sebenste at weather3.admin.niu.edu
Fri Nov 11 17:56:03 UTC 2005

Hello all,

I am using the "convert" program from ImageMagick to print out a TIFF file
automatically. When I upgraded ImageMagick, it doesn't fit the image to
the page anymore; it only prints a relatively small picture in the upper
left hand corner of the page. The commands I am using to do this is:

convert -rotate 90 -size 1728x1108 -transparent white FILE.TIF ps:min.ps
lpr min.ps

Is there a better way? I tried using "-page 8 11" but that didn't work.