List of supported chipsets (or hardware in general)?

Mark msalists at gmx.net
Sat Nov 12 01:34:28 UTC 2005

Hi all,

Is there any way to find out if a certain chipset (Mainboard w/ integrated Graphic chipset) is supported by the standard fedora core
3 kernel (or core 4 for that matter?)
Like a list somewhere on the CD, some website, maybe from a general Linux/Kernel site?

I am interested in the Tyan S2865G2NR (http://www.tyan.com/products/html/tomcatk8e.html) and the Intel SE7230NH-1
(http://www.intel.com/design/servers/boards/se7230nh1-e/), but also into what to do if the same question comes up again next time
for another board...

I tried google and the Fedora list, but could not find any pointers.

I remember I saw a list of known hardware when I played with compiling a new kernel/boot image, but I don't remember where that was.
It was some config/mapping file that is used by the auto hardware detection mechanism... Would that help me?

Thanks,

MARK