Unofficial FC4.2 released

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Nov 12 04:11:37 UTC 2005

On Friday 11 November 2005 04:56, Hans Kristian Rosbach wrote:
>On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 15:02 +0530, V P wrote:
>> On 10/11/05, Hans Kristian Rosbach <hk at isphuset.no> wrote:
>> > Both released as 5 cd iso images, only available via bittorrent.
>> > Download site: http://fedora.isphuset.no
>>
>> Anybody mirroring the ISOs on HTTP/FTP?
>>
>> vjp
>
>Atleast not yet, but hopefully someone will at some point.
>
>i386: 14 downloaders 1 seed (me)
>x86_64: 4 downloaders 1 seed (me)
>
>Nobody has completed a torrent yet.
>Last I checked there were more than 4 distributed copies of the
>i386 torrent, so this should change shortly.
>
>The bandwidth of the server has been at 100% ever since I announced
>the new release. It is capped to 2.5Mbit outbound, limited resources
>that we receive for free.
>
>-HK

I've done the torrent, and left it running, but from what I see, you
and I must be the only ones seeding the torrent ATM.  If a few more
folks could restart their clients, I'm sure the average dl speed would
go up considerably.  My dl ended up at about 22k/second even though my
client did show 5 others then.  Its now down to this in the last few
minutes:

saving:         FC4.2-i386
file size:      2,816,667,648 (3 GiB)
percent done:   100.0
time left:      seeding
download to:    /usr/FC4/FC4.2-i386
download rate:  0.0 KB/s
upload rate:    0.0 KB/s
share rating:   oo  (841.2 MB up / 0.0 MB down)
seed status:    0 distributed copies (next: 1:0.0%)
peer status:    0 seen now

Which makes me think everyone has given up.

I don't believe this is how bittorrent is supposed to work.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)