FC4 battery status broken

Øyvind Stegard oyvinst at ifi.uio.no
Sun Nov 13 00:51:55 UTC 2005

Tayfun Can wrote:
> I am running 2.6.14-1.1637_FC4 on a R40 Thinkpad.
>
> After this latest kernel upgrade the gnome battery applet shows "no
> battery present" all the time. With the previous kernel, it was doing
> this once in a while and it was working perfectly with FC3.
I've got a fairly new Intel Centrino 915GM/PCI-express based laptop that needs
the ACPI-related kernel param 'ec_burst=1' to show the battery status. You could
try it, perhaps it'll work. Then again, the Fedora kernel does not work with my
laptop at all, only vanilla 2.6.14[.2] works (most recent Fedora kernel just
panics at boot). Come to think of it, not a single FC4 kernel has ever worked
with ACPI enabled on this laptop.

Øyvind
--
< Øyvind Stegard < oyvinst at ifi uio no >
  < http://www.oyvind.nu/