Livna Usability Assessment (Was: Re: cursed nvidia fedora my lack of knowledgeness)

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 02:32:40 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-11-12 at 19:12, Christopher A. Williams wrote:

> This is a small part of the feedback the person giving the assessment
> said to begin with. They also have much more they would change to make
> the site useful.

Maybe he doesn't understand what the use of the site really is.
Click the config link, run the rpm command you see there,
install stuff.

> In addition to making clear what the actual interfaces are, it should
> (among other things) also make clear and easy how to:
>
> * Get the tools required to use the repository

Everyone who would use it already has the tool.

> * Use these tools effectively to find the most popular things people
> look for

There's nothing different about using the tool with this
repository than the other ones they already use.

> * Fix the most common problems people run into when using the tools

If the site knows how to fix the problems they'd fix it so
you didn't have the problem in the first place, not tell you
to do it yourself.

> I'm sorry if someone called your baby ugly. This guy wasn't trying to
> hurt anyone's feelings. He is a highly regarded expert in our company
> with tons of Usability experience and an large portfolio of Websites he
> has re-engineered with impressive results.

The website really isn't the point here.  If you are reading the
website you aren't accomplishing much.

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com