Intel PRO/Wireless 2200 on Fedora Core 4

Sean Carroll verifyed_loadit at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 13 04:25:14 UTC 2005

Hello,

I am having some trouble getting my wireless card recognized.

All of the proper firmware and drivers are in place for my Intel
Pro/Wireless 2200 card. When I run '/sbin/modprobe/ipw2200' it works just
fine. The only problem is, eth1 never shows up when running '/sbin/ifconfig'
or '/sbin/iwconfig'. I also have an entry in /etc/modprobe.conf for it
'alias eth1 ipw2200' if that makes a difference.

Im not sure what to do to get this to work any more. Any help would be
appreciated.

Thank you,
Sean Carroll