Real player doesn't launch from web pages.

Robert Cahn robertscahn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 19:12:49 UTC 2005

When I go to WNYC ( www.wnyc.org <http://www.wnyc.org> ) and hit the link
for their MP3 stream. A little notification pops up saying, "You have chosen
to open wnycfm.pls" and asks me if I want to open it with
realplay.desktop(I installed realplayer there by accident.) Then
nothing happens. Real
player doesn't launch. If I manually launch Realplayer and then try to
launch http://www.wnyc.org/stream/wnycfm.pls manually the Real player
application freezes. I can, however, install other streams, WBUR for
example. Two questions:
1. How do I reenable the launching of Real player from Firefox?
2. What might keep the WNYC stream from being accepted?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

/Bob Cahn
Gipsy Trail Club
Carmel, NY