Problem with partitioning -- How to format hard drive and reinstall Windows?

peter wu pwu95 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 17 06:53:27 UTC 2005

Thanks for your kind reply. Yes, I am getting a  lot of good tips, but I am still not sure what I can do. I now have the  ultimate boot CD, but can't quite find the right tools. You mentioned a  disk wiper utility, but I can't seem to find it. Which one would that  be? Would it basically kill everything?

  Also, how can I use fdisk and format? What do I need to do if I just  want to format Linux partitions? If it's possible, won't it affect  Windows partitions?

  Thanks for your help, in advance.

  --peter

Edward Dekkers <edward at tripled.iinet.net.au> wrote:You've been getting a lot of good answers, and I'm about to add another one.

Get yourself a hold of the ultimate boot cd (www.ultimatebootcd.com).

It will boot a screwed PC, you can then do almost anything you want (it
has an incredible amount of tools on the CD).

I'd grab a disk wiper utility, and tell it to zap the disk.

Regards,
Ed.
begin:vcard
fn:Edward Dekkers
n:Dekkers;Edward
org:Triple D Computer Services Pty. Ltd.;Management
adr:;;822 Rowley Road;Oakford;WA;6121;Australia
email;internet:edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
title:Mr.
tel;work:(08) 9397-1040
tel;fax:(08) 9397-0749