Anyone else getting SPAM from "ttpia.com"?

Steven P. Ulrick lists-fedora at afolkey2.net
Fri Nov 18 00:48:48 UTC 2005

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 18:38:43 -0600 (CST)
ptfedora3 at majordomo.thedacare.org wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Nov 2005, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
>
> > Hello, Everyone
> > I've been getting spam from what APPEARS to be an Oriental dating
> > service of some kind.  I am running sylpheed-claws, and by using
> > it's "Harvest addressses" tool, I came up with the following list of
> > addresses:
> >
> > Because of the recent issues with uol.com.br, I thought that I'd
> > see if perhaps I started getting this spam because of some nefarious
> > person/people that got my address from this list.
> >

> I am up to throwaway email address number three for this very reason.
> Soon after posting I start receiving these emails on the throwaway
> address.

Hello
Since I have my own mail server, I just came up with a similar idea: I
will have a separate address for each mailing list that I subscribe
to.  Yeah, I know, read it on a news reader and I don't have all the
hassel.  That, and I would never learn anything.  Maybe someone would
like to hear about this former Windows user fixing a totally hosed
email connection, and having to cancel my appointment with the service
man tomorrow :)  Worked on it most of the day, but I learned
something......

Steven P. Ulrick