SICP/some pre-requisite/or GNUpress

Fraser fraser_feb at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 18 07:01:10 UTC 2005

Hello there,

I am a newbie I have never programmed before,
presently i am using FC-3 as my OS and i want to start
career in programming i prefer 2 books:

1.) SICP (structure & Interpretation of Computer Programmes)
- harold, sussman & sussman

2.) An introduction to programming in EmacsLISP" by
Robert J. Chassell - (GNUpress)

does SICP is for a newbie, the person who does not
even know the "abc" of programming or should i read
something else 1st like "An introduction to
programming in EmacsLISP" by Robert J. Chassell
(GNUpress). I like both of them.

my own choice is "Robert J. Chassell" : i want to
start with "GNUpress" 1st & then with SICP. Is it
fine?

May you tell me if i need to read a "prerequisite" to
SICP or SICP in itself is "right" for newbies. I read
the preface & forward to SICP and also @ amazon.com's
book-descriptions but was not able to come up with any
final answer.

may you help me? i will be very thankful for your
time.

thanks again

"fraser"

"the Great Intellectuals"