Toshiba laptop sound

Darryl L. Pierce mcpierce at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 13:53:38 UTC 2005

System: Toshiba Satellite 2430-S255 with Intel i8x0 sound system

Which sound system is Fedora using by default: OSS, ALSA, ESD or
something else? I've left the configuration on ALSA since I assume
that's proper but no sound is played. When I run sound system detection,
I never hear the test sound but I'm pretty sure it's installed without
error.

Any hints on how to ensure sound is working?

--
Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce at gmail.com>
Homepage: http://mcpierce.multiply.com/