How to disable xscreensaver

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Fri Nov 18 17:41:56 UTC 2005

Michael A. Peters wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 23:33 +0100, Zubin Bharucha wrote:
>

>>I think so. If I remember correctly, FC4 ships without the screensaver
>>package but still after a while, the screen blanks out.
>>-Zubin
>>

> FC-4 has the screensaver-base package.
>
> But screen blanking I believe is power management stuff, not the
> screensaver.

Having found that power management is off by default, I just turned
mine on via the screensaver.  I had to adjust the times to suit my
needs.  My power management works if the terminal is left in login
mode but didn't if the user was logged in.

It also doesn't work if the user is logged in and the screensaver is off.

Before I moved to FC4, I used a shell login and used setterm to adjust
the power management features.  I think that there may also be
something in the BIOS on some computers to achieve this.

Robin