SSh dlink forwarding

David Mackintosh David.Mackintosh at xdroop.com
Fri Nov 18 17:56:18 UTC 2005

On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 10:57:38AM -0500, Franck Y wrote:
> Felllows Admins,
> Yes i tell to connect to port 52552.
> But i put a forwarding to 22. So it should mean that when it will
> connect to the computer , it will go trought port 22 ? Am i wrong?

That's the theory, yes -- however I have a DLink 604e firewall router
at one of my sites that won't do the nonstandard port-to-standard
port mapping successfully.  Ssh didn't work when I tried to map 2022
through to 22; however 22 through to 22 worked fine.

I ended up doing a bit of security-by-obscurity php trick to permit
access from arbitrary locations on the internet; see

 http://xdroop.dhs.org/space/Linux/Limited+SSH+Access

--
 /\oo/\
/ /()\ \ David Mackintosh | Public Key: