Accessing FAT32 from Linux

Kahn Seidl mkseidl at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 19 08:35:26 UTC 2005

linux will easily see and r/w fat32.

you can access it by using the mount command -

$mount /dev/hda3 /mnt/harddrive

/dev/hda3 will be your fat32 partition.  but, it can be hda2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or
hdc?  you can use fdisk /dev/hda to and then press p, to see the partiton
table, and you can see where your fat32 is.

then the /mnt/harddrive will be a directory you make to mount the partition

you can make a directory where ever you want, doesnt need to be under /mnt

I hope this is what you are reffering to in your question...

martin