firewall problem in FC3

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Sat Nov 19 20:49:35 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am running FC3 on an athlon with a D-Link 704P router. The router works well
but there is a misconfiguration issue that results in me getting a low id on
AMule. There is a screenshot at:hp.bccna.bc.ca/~aa056/firewall4662.png that
shows the firewall setup. As far as I can see this should allow free traffic
on port 4662, the port the amule web site says is needed.

In investigating this issue I see that it is necessary that this port be
forwarded appropriately. I don't understand port forwarding. Can someone
please provide a reference to some documentation on this, or if possible
suggest specifically what I need to change to get past this issue? I have
asked on the amule forum but the answers were not helpful.

TIA

Dave

--
"Man is part of nature and his war against nature is inevitably a war against
himself."

- Rachel Carson, testifying in 1963 to a Senate committee investigating DDT
use