Problem with /etc/init.d/ldap?

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Sun Nov 20 19:22:39 UTC 2005

You mean:

"export KRB5_KTNAME=FILE:/etc/openldap/ldap.keytab"
 export KRB5_KTNAME="FILE:/etc/openldap/ldap.keytab"
^-------------------^-----------------------------^^
The difference with the double-quotes placed on the outside,
i.e the entire string as opposed to double-quotes placed only
on the RHS of the '='?

I have tried both of these and it does not work either.

BTW: read http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/630.html

It says:

Now you have to tell slapd (well, actually tell the gssapi
library in Kerberos 5 that is invoked by Cyrus SASL) where
to find the new keytab. You do this by setting the environment
variable KRB5_KTNAME like this:

export KRB5_KTNAME="FILE:/etc/openldap/ldap.keytab"

Set that environment variable on the slapd start script
(RedHat users might find /etc/sysconfig/ldap a perfect place).

Also - if you look at the /etc/init.d/ldap script, it uses
a bash sourcing command, (. /etc/sysconfig/ldap) which means
that it will execute the contents of /etc/sysconfig/ldap so
that all bash-commands will be executed.  So the double-quotes
IMHO are really not necessary nor needed except that the 'FILE:'
part, I am not sure.  As I said in my last posting, that it
appears that with or without the used of 'FILE:' makes no
difference in my temporary script.  I am guessing that this
is probably parsed somewhere.

The script is hosed IMHO and I was told to bugzilla it.

Dan
Dan