Solved - next configuring network

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Mon Nov 21 11:40:46 UTC 2005

On Monday 21 November 2005 10:56 am, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> On Friday 18 November 2005 9:26 pm, Rick Stevens wrote:
> > That's 5 ASCII characters or 10 hex characters, right?  As an
> > example, the ASCII key "s:abcde" is the same as the hex key
> > "6162636465".  I just want to make sure that you grok that.
>
> I did s:12345 and 3132333435, neither of which worked.

For some reason, while playing with the setup and re-reading the threads
after posting the post above, I've now got it working with 128-bit
encryption.

One thing I did different was use a WinXP/IE workstation to program the
AP, a Inexq hr054g, but whether that made any difference I don't know.

The command that finally got it working was :

iwconfig wlan0 mode managed essid DAP1 key  s:1234567890123

Next, how's the best way to get ndiswrapper loaded at bootup? I could
simply modprobe ndiswrapper in rc.local or somewhere else, but is there
a better way?

Also, how can I now configure the laptop so that it connects to
whichever AP is in range (I have three offices and 3 differently
configured APs)
--
Gary Stainburn