FC3 No Sound FM801

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Tue Nov 22 13:05:10 UTC 2005

Hi, I failed to get sound working on thsi system with FC1 and have now
upgraded to FC3. Still no sound on this system. I have sound working on
other FC1/3/4 systems. The Card is an FM801. In Alsamixer everything is
unmuted and turned up full. 'aplay wavefile' still gives me silence.
LSMOD shows all the fm801 modules loaded. Does any one here have an
FM801 based sound card working on FC3 (or FC1) ? Or maybe this card is
faulty. But LSPCI shows it - so it could be a problem in the Analog part
of the card.

Any ideas before it goes in the trash.....

Thanks in advance

Ken