The latest sylpheed-claws GUI questions.

wwp subscript at free.fr
Tue Nov 22 19:10:28 UTC 2005

Hello Strong,

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 20:51:43 +0300 Strong <s-strong at mail.ru> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> How I can fix several preferences in sylpheed-claws such as:
> . set month,day,year date format;

See: Configuration/Preferences/Display/Summaries/Date format. For instance, I
use: %Y-%m-%d %H:%M %a. Click the "..." button to get more information.

> . sort by date;

You mean sorting folders by Date by default? It's the default in CVS, but
probably not yet in Sylpheed-Claws 1.9.15, I would need to check when this
has been introduced.

Waiting for this, you will have to click on the Date header of the summary
view once in each folder so that it remembers this sorting criteria.

> . collapse all threads;

See: View/Collapse all threads. This setting is per-folder, sticky, and
exclusive towards "View/expand all threads".

> . set F9 to get/send messages?

No way, S-C has no feature to do get AND send at the same time. There is "Get
from all accounts" and "Send queued messages", you can assign a key to each
of them (or submit a request for feature enhancement).

> I want these to set as default behavor, so that I need not to set it
> again each time I use this client. Thank You.

All behaviours described above should be sticky. Feel free to ask for more
help if you need, or to point me to any question I wouldn't have answered!

BTW, you would get better audience posting at Sylpheed-Claws' users ML
(https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/sylpheed-claws-users).

Regards,

--
wwp