[Fedora] Re: Floppy Boot?

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Thu Nov 24 09:30:08 UTC 2005

Kam Leo wrote:

> don't believe the above method addresses the OP's request for a
>floppy install.  As little use of Google's search engine found the
>"Fedora Core Floppy Install", http://www.thisiscool.com/fcfloppy.htm .
> I cannot vouch for it since I have not tried it. But, hey, what do
>you have to lose?

    I tried that method recently (it's also referenced from
http://www.fedorafaq.org/#floppyinstall) however it doesn't work, at
least it didn't for me.  After it read in all six floppies, it bombed
with 'Less than 4MB of memory.  System halted' - the machine has 512MB
in it.

    In the end, since the machine already had RH in it, I performed a
grub load of the install kernel and went from there.

--
R | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.