MMS protocol

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 15:02:24 UTC 2005

On 11/24/05, Amadeus W. M. <amadeus84 at cablespeed.com> wrote:

> You may have tried this, but if you haven't...
>
> In firefox go to
>
> about:config
>
> then define (right click) 2 new types:
>
> network.protocol-handler.app.mms        user set        string mplayer
> network.protocol-handler.external.mms   user set        boolean true

No, I haven't tried or even heard of that yet.

And, now I don't get that warning! Thank you.

However, when I click on the link for video, nothing happens. Mplayer
doesn't open, nothing happens. If someone wants to check, try this
link:
http://video.technion.ac.il/Setup/

There, you can click "Test Your Players". Thanks.

Dotan Cohen
http://technology-sleuth.com/question/how_can_i_be_safe_online.html