FC4. Oracle installer sais that I don't have gcc 3.2. But I DO!

Nat Gross nat101l at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 21:41:57 UTC 2005

On 11/24/05, Marius Andreiana <mandreiana.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> You need to rename the gcc and g++ binaries in /usr/bin, then make
> symlinks to gcc32 and g++32 with the original names, so 'gcc -v', the
> default compiler, will be 3.2
> After Oracle setup you can put them back.

Sorry, but you are too fast for me! Let me see if I get it.
Right now I have:
# ls -l gcc* g+*
-rwxr-xr-x  3 root root 88952 Mar  8  2005 g++32
-rwxr-xr-x  2 root root 87864 Mar  8  2005 gcc32
#
What should I rename these to? And what should the names of the
symlinks be, and in which directory should they be? What can I tell
you, I am dumb!

Thank you much! (It *feels* like the answer to my problem.)
-nat