Welcome to the "fedora-list" mailing list

Joao Paulo Pires 198mdk at oninet.pt
Fri Nov 25 10:17:05 UTC 2005

Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 07:05:02 -0800 (PST)

From: nusret <nbalci_l at yahoo.com>

To: fedora-list at redhat.com

Hi,

After upgrading my kernel to 2.6.14 (from redhat site, not a customized kernel) from 2.6.12, the sound doesn't work. It's found correctly (AC97, ICH5/ICH5R), but no sound... When I downgrade to 2.6.12, soundcard is detected correctly and sound is on again. The same problem with 2.6.13. No problem from upgrading 2.6.11 to 2.6.12 though previously... I run KDE Desktop on Fedora 4, but GNOME doesn't make any difference either

I guess...

Any suggestion?

(NOTE: I'm not a linux expert, so let me know if any

further info like output of some diagnostic tools,

etc. would be helpful. If so, please tell me what I

should in some detail.) Thanks in advance and best regards, Nusret
Hi Nusret,
Try alsaconf and unmute alsa (it comes muted by default).
Joao