Compusa 54MB Wireless G PC Card for Fedora4

Neil Cherry ncherry at comcast.net
Mon Nov 28 04:59:07 UTC 2005

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Min Chen writes:

>> It's Compusa 54 MB 802.11g wireless PCMCIA card.

> Sorry, but your 802.11g card is most likely a doorstop.

I purchased a Compaq laptop and it came with one of the Broadcom
chip sets. I had to use ndiswrapper and wpa-supplicant. I'm running
it at 54M (which is most definitely 802.11G). I'm certain it's
working and I know a thing or 2 about networking. ;-) I build'em
for a living.

I'd better know they're not small networks, big ones for large
companies but nothing as big as needing an access of OC-192
but anything less. Maybe in a couple of years. :-)

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               Backup site