one more Sony Clie post

Matt Morgan minxmertzmomo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 22:17:56 UTC 2005

On 11/29/05, jack wallen <jlwallen at insightbb.com> wrote:
> Okay,
>
> So before I give my Clie the boot I thought I'd post one last time. I've
> pretty much tried everything I can...to no avail. The sony clie just
> won't sync with FC4. I find this rather strange because I was at least
> able to get it to sync with some success (though not much) with FC1,
> FC2, and (to an even lesser extent) FC3.
>
> I know this is probably not the place for this rant (because I've ranted
> about it here a number of times) but why is it that the Fedora (and
> quite possibly the Linux community all together) can't seem to support
> hardware that all other platforms have zero problems with? I can sync
> with my mac without a hitch and I could sync to Windows (of course I
> have no Windows machines in my house - thank goodness) without a
> problem.
>
> Has anyone had any success syncing a Peg SJ30 with FC4? If so, what's
> the secret? What magic must I perform to get this PDA to sync?

Have you tried this:

http://www.clasohm.com/blog/one-entry?entry_id=12096

I had a Treo 650 for a while and it worked most of the time. I still
had to do a little finger-magic with the sync buttons (that is, I had
to hit the sync button in jpilot, and then hit the sync button on the
treo at about the right time--~1 second later--to get a reliable
sync). I got used to it pretty quickly.