Logwatch problem

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Wed Nov 30 02:56:09 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 21:43, Franck Y wrote:
> Yes its a kind of what i m looking at.
> I will try it !
> I m worried of whats happenning in the network !

If you implement milter-bcc you need to set some policies at your site
which may or may not be required by law depending on where you are.  In
general it would be a good idea to notify all users that such measures
may be put in place.  Including this in the company handbook which is
typically signed off by all employees is an appropriate place.  And you
should run this by your corporate lawyers to verify if there are any
local issues preventing such actions.

At the very least you will need to place controls around who has access
to any email that is retained as well as putting policies in place on
how long you retain such copies.

Implementing milter-bcc is fairly easy.  Setting up the policies and
rules around it is actually more difficult and more work.

Remember, as a sysadmin you have great power as well as great
responsibility.  :)

Use it wisely.