OSX- Fedora network problem

Eric Johns eric at huscarls.com
Sun Oct 2 02:10:29 UTC 2005

micheal wrote:

>The first thing I would ask is if SELinux is enabled on the desktop. I
>would also like to see the output of
>
>smbclient -L [ hostname of the desktop ]
>nmblookup [hostname of the desktop ]
>
>from the OSX side.

SELinux is disabled
and

Domain=[ODEN] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.14a-2]

          Sharename       Type      Comment
          ---------       ----      -------
          eric             Disk      Oden
          IPC$            IPC       IPC Service ()
         ADMIN$          IPC       IPC Service ()
Domain=[ODEN] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.14a-2]

                   Server               Comment

               Workgroup            Master

[freya:~] eric% nmblookup oden
querying oden on 192.168.0.255
192.168.0.3 oden<00> WORKGROUP         ODEN
I hope you can see somthing .. :)

thanks for looking