SCO-ANSI terminal emulation

fredex fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Sun Oct 2 02:44:08 UTC 2005

On Sat, Oct 01, 2005 at 09:24:53PM -0400, Terry Polzin wrote:
> On Saturday October 1 2005 20:45, fredex wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 01, 2005 at 06:53:33PM -0400, Terry Polzin wrote:
> > > Hey group:
> > >
> > > Anyone know of a package or product that can do this.  I'm hoping to
> > > install a package that can emulate SCO-ANSI to telnet into a legacy app
> > > machine and replace some dumb terminals with  LTSP clients.
> >
> > What may be easier to do is to put a terminfo (and termcap) entry for
> > the linux console onto the SCO box you're using as host. Or if you're
> > going to be using a GUI terminal (e.g. xterm) the SCO box should already
> > have the suitable entries for xterm.
> Target app server is AIX.  The application runs best with either SCO-ANSI
> terminal emulation s/w or a dg215 dumb term.

I'm not personally aware of any terminal emulator for LInux that
supports those terminal types.

Kermit95 does, but it's a Windoze program. Perhaps it might work
under Wine, though I have no idea if it will.

Good luck!

--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us ------------------------ ----
                    Do you not know? Have you not heard?