Chicken and egg madwifi question

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sun Oct 2 08:52:57 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-10-01 at 20:55 -0700, Gordon Charrick wrote:

> 3. Find someplace on the net that archives old madwifi modules for the
> original fc4 kernel version.
>
> Obviously, number 3 is the best choice, if I can find such a site.
> What's the best solution to the problem?

rpm.livna.org now has madwifi src.rpm that should build fine for you

rpmbuild --target=i686 src.rpm --rebuild foo-src.rpm

That should build the rpm.livna.org madwifi rpm for you.
You will need to install the package that provides uudecode when you
install fc4 - and I think there is a package from Extras you need to
rebuild the livna src.rpm (look at it first - it would be in the
BuildRequires, grab it before installing fc4)