how to recover deleted files?

Deepak Shrestha d8888pak at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 2 14:56:35 UTC 2005

Thanks! :-)

at least I knew something about recovery tool but I
couldn't use that. The recovery tools that comes with
are commercial and only contained demo version which
can only show that which files can be recoverd.
Anyway I got my files recovered in my friends windows
xp machine.

By the way I am wondering why there is no file
recovery tools in linux while there are plenty of
recovery tools available for linux file systems (e2fs,
e3fs) in windows platform. Linux users don't do any
mistakes like what I have done?

--- micheal <sundance at sundanceloki.com> wrote:

> The best suggestion I can think of, since the
> filesystem is vfat, would
> be to download and burn a copy of bartPE, which is a
> windows based
> LiveCD. Depending on the version you download, there
> should be a file
> recovery program included.
>
> If you are not running Windows, I would suggest you
> convert the "fat32"
> partition to ext3/2. Fat32 is a windows partition
> and linux utilities
> that might undelete a file are pretty much non -
> existant, Not to
> mention shortcomings in fat32 like lack of security
> attributes for
> files/directories, limit on partition size, limit on
> file size, etc.

________