X & ViewSonic VG710b using the 810 driver

Bill Gradwohl bill at ycc.com
Mon Oct 3 00:51:51 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 20:33 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
> Regarding 87 hz being detected by the display, 85 HZ might be sent out
> by your videocard and 87HZ is detected by your display. It could be
> reversed also w/ the video driver clocking at 87 vs.85, I did notice
> That I had to offset  my vertical adjstment on my display after applying
> the last update to xorg-x11 to my system.
I thought about there being some drift in the electronics so that one
items 85 Hz is anothers 87Hz, but this box worked @ 1024x768 on the
original X that came out with FC4 many months ago. I installed from old
CD's yesterday and used that X environment to do the yum update, so
there has got to be something more than drift doing this. The
electronics couldn't "age" that much in a matter of hours. This box was
set up running FC2 without a problem for quite some time too.

Again thanks for the suggestion. I'm much better now. 8-)

--
Bill Gradwohl