SMP-Kernels on my Pentium 4 (Hyperthreading)

Masopust Christian christian.masopust at siemens.com
Mon Oct 3 08:14:21 UTC 2005

Hi all,

besides the "original" Kernel from FC4 Install-CD i am not able
to boot any SMP-Kernel!

After installation of FC4 the system runs fine with SMP-kernel.
Now i did all updates available (with yum) and after any kernel-
update (first was 2.6.12-1.1456 and today I updated to 2.6.13-1.1526)
i cannot boot the SMP-Kernel!  single processor kernel runs fine...

what am i doing wrong?   googling around told me that there were
some issues with FC3 and initrd, but as i already have the most recent
initrd (available) for FC4 (4.2.15-1) i think this problems must be
fixed, are they??

thanks a lot,
christian