Multi-session CDROM access... How?

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue Oct 4 15:37:22 UTC 2005

Mike McCarty wrote:
> Robin Laing wrote:
>
>> Mike McCarty wrote:
>>
>>> I used xcdroast to create a multi-session CDROM. Then later,
>>> I added another session, also as multi-session. Now when I access
>>> the CDROM, I only see the files I added during the second session.
>>>
>>> Where are the first files I put on there? How can I get to them?
>>>
>>> Thanks for help.
>>>
>>> Mike
>>

>> I have come across this before and in one case I had to close the
>> sessions before they were all visible.  I was going to do some work on
>> this but never got the time.
>>

> Ok, what do I need to do for that? I used the "Fixate After Write"
> selection for both sessions. What do I need to do now? Add one more
> file but not in multi-session mode?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mike

The way I understand multisession is that you don't fixate after each
session.  This sounds like a time to do some searching on Google for
me to learn.

I had a command that allowed me to see the previous session part but I
couldn't mount it.  I don't know why.  I would have to find the CD
that I had the issue with to play again.

The last time I tried to make a multisession CD, I was on RH 7.
--
Robin Laing