Local mail server (fetchmail/postfix/cyrus ??)

Graham Cossey graham.cossey at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 09:01:13 UTC 2005

Can someone please point me to a good source of information to setup the
following, or of course any better suggestions:
 A local mail server that retrieves email from one or more remote mail
servers (fetchmail?) and stores the emails locally (cyrus-imap?).
These emails can then be accessed by local clients or remote workers
(squirrelmail?).
 When a client sends an email is it possible to route it via cyrus so that
the local mail server keeps a copy of the sent mail? (nice to have)
 I'm considering the use of something like eGroupware, any thoughts on that?
  The situation is that I'm currently a 'one man band' (with some part-time
consultancy help) but could soon be taking on staff and I would like to be
able to offer a central mail repository for a couple of domains that can be
accessed from just about anywhere.
 Thanks in advance

--
Graham