nvidia or ati ?

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Oct 5 10:51:12 UTC 2005

Robert Bell wrote:

> Not ATI - I have not been able to get my Radeon 9800 to do 3D with
> *any* drivers.  I'm going to have to get an nVidia card myself.

Did you try adding the below to your device section of xorg.conf?
 Option "AccelMethod" "exa"

and also adding an Extentions section to the tail of your xorg.conf file?

Section "Extensions"
    Option "Composite" "enable"

My "ATI Radeon Mobility U1" works with or without the option added. I am
not sure if work there is something that will do you any good or not.

Nvidia, Intel or ATI?

Jim

--
QOTD: