Kmail and IMAP

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Wed Oct 5 13:31:36 UTC 2005

On Tue Oct 04, 2005 02:12PM, kevin.kempter at dataintellect.com wrote:
> Hi List;
>
> I just setup a new IMAP account in Kmail and I see the following folders under
> the main account name:
>
> Inbox
> from
> mbox
> razor-agent.log
> Sent
> Trash
>
> I'm confused about all these folders. I alreeady have a Trash and Sent folders
> under the main 'Local Folders' folder in Kmail however the sysytem seems to
> place the sent and trash items only from the new IMAP account there.  Even
> more confusing is the from, mbox and razor-agent.log folders. I always show 1
> unread message in the from however if I open the from folder I get an error
> that says:
> "Error while querying the server status"
> Unable to open folder from. The server replied : SELECT failed unable to open
> file from.
>
> Also the inbox and mbox folders seem to contain 100% duplicate messages. Is
> there an easy way to hide or otherwise disable the un-needed folders ?

In the account settings, there are options for "Show only subscribed
folders" and "Show hidden folders".  Sounds like you want to uncheck
the latter (if checked) and possible check the first option.

--
Cheers,
Trey

Utility is when you have one telephone, luxury is when you have two,
opulence is when you have three -- and paradise is when you have none.
		-- Doug Larson

Linux chameleon 2.6.13-15-default i686 GNU/Linux
  9:29am  up   2:14,  3 users,  load average: 0.25, 0.30, 0.43