FC4 GNOME 2.10 a bit slow on Toshiba Satellite A40

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Wed Oct 5 21:29:09 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-10 at 15:56 +0200, yordy wrote:
> well, on other pc with 2.8 GHz HT, 768 MB RAM, HD
> Seagate ST3120022A 7200 rpm, fc4 is doing the same
> that on my laptop... a hard disk of 7200 rmp is slow?

I'm seeing the same problem on a Dell D800 with a 5400 RPM drive.  It's
very annoying.

Everything seems to draw slower.  Switching between different workspaces
can take a few seconds to redraw everything.  Logging out is a pain too:
it takes 3 to 5 seconds for the logout menu to appear.

I've put up with it so far.  I find it odd that no one else has reported
this here.

Regards,

Ranbir
--