FC4, VMWare and prelink

Paul Smith phhs80 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 10:20:59 UTC 2005

On 10/6/05, D. D. Brierton <darren at dzr-web.com> wrote:
> In earlier versions of VMWare Workstation (4.x) and Fedora Core it was
> necessary to add the following to /etc/prelink.conf:
>
> # Some tweaks for VMware Workstation 4.5.2 (hopefully we can remove this later)
> -b /usr/lib/vmware
> -b /usr/bin/vmnet-bridge
> -b /usr/bin/vmnet-dhcpd
> -b /usr/bin/vmnet-natd
> -b /usr/bin/vmnet-netifup
> -b /usr/bin/vmnet-sniffer
> -b /usr/bin/vmware-loop
> -b /usr/bin/vmware-nmbd
> -b /usr/bin/vmware-ping
> -b /usr/bin/vmware-smbd
> -b /usr/bin/vmware-smbpasswd.bin
> -b /usr/bin/vmware-vdiskmanager
>
> Does anyone know if this is still necessary with VMWare Workstation
> 5.0.x and FC4?

Darren,

With VMware 5.5 beta, you do not need to do anything else but
installing it from the tarball. (Do not use the rpm, whose
installation is problematic; at least, I was not successful.) You can
download this beta version from the VMware site, but it will expire in
the middle of December.

Regards,

Paul