FC4, VMWare and prelink

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Thu Oct 6 10:33:23 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-06 at 06:22 -0400, Bob Chiodini wrote:

> I'm running FC3 and VMWare 4.5.2 without any specific entries in
> prelink.conf.  Also, I did not change prelink.conf on my x86_64 box to
> beta test VMWare 5, also FC3.

Hmmm ... that's odd. I know for a fact that VMWare 4.5.2 at some point
was not compatible with prelink. Maybe prelink has subsequently been
altered. Of course you would only see the problem if prelink is enabled
and prelink ran after you had installed VMWare. If your machine has
anacron disabled and is swithced off at 4am when the prelink cron job
runs then you would never see the problem.

Anyway, it *was* a problem at one time, but maybe the problem has gone
away after various updates.

Best, Darren