Supported PCI Wireless card

Richard Lister rlister at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 14:12:53 UTC 2005

On 10/2/05, Jay Moore <jaymo at mail.bokler.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 12:58 -0400, Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:
> > Hello,
> > Does anyone know where I can find a list of supported PCI wireless card for FC
> > 4 ? I am looking to buy a cheapo PCI Wireless card for an old desktop, but I
> > want to have something that will work out of the box with FC 4 (ie. I don't
> > really want to deal with ndiswrapper, etc).

I highly recommend a card based on the Ralink RT2500, because:

 - Ralink GPLed their code
 - this means no messing with wrappers and binaries
 - let's support manufacturers who do this
 - you can get Ralink-based cards nice and cheap

I'm using this card with FC4, works great:

Foxconn WLL-3350
http://www.foxconnchannel.com/productsDownload_wireless.cfm?pWireless=WLL-3350

Cost <$20 at newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833194001