core 4 upgrade question

Thom Paine painethom at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 15:54:00 UTC 2005

On 10/5/05, Raymond Norton <admin at lctn.org> wrote:

> I attempted the upgrade with core 4 and the unofficial core 4.1. With Core
> 4 I get a message "Kernel panic, not syncing- Attempted to kill init"
>

> With 4.1 I get "Ramdisk: Couldn't find valid ramdisk image starting at 0
>
> Can't open Root Device "NULL" or unknown block (104,3)
>
> Kernel panic-not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root file system on unknown
> block (104,3)"
>
> They both seem to have a problem with the megaraid card. If it makes a
> difference in diagnosing things the server is a Supermicro, not a
> Visionman, as I first stated.
>

> Any way to fix this?

I'm getting this same error with an intel915 board. See my thread Fedora
Core 4 Kernel Panic. I haven't found a solution, but I did get that same
error message last night. I have a windows partition on my drive, so I can't
just zero the drive and try a new install. Actually maybe I'll ghost the
partition and then try zeroing the drive.
--
-=/>Thom