fedora-list Digest, Vol 20, Issue 38

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Thu Oct 6 16:28:32 UTC 2005

valentin antonescu wrote:

> cursor reaches the very right-hand side of the window,
> bash should continue the command on the next line. In
> my case bash doesn't behave like this and I have no
> ideea why.

I guess bash reacts to what it understands about the capabilities of the
terminal you are using.  In konsole I see

$ echo $TERM
xterm

also there are various settings in the konsole 'settings' menu about
terminal emulations.  Maybe fiddle with the equivalent in the Gnome
console app.  If you have KDE installed, maybe give konsole a try (it'll
work under Gnome).  What does bash do in the Ctrl-Alt-F1 virtual consoles?

-Andy