External USB DVD recorder

Marcelo Magno T. Sales marcelo.sales at sefaz.pe.gov.br
Thu Oct 6 21:19:24 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to use my LG DVDRAM GSA-5163D (USB, external) in FC4. The
drive is automatically detected as a SCSI device. a
"cat /proc/scsi/scsi" shows:

Host: scsi4 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: HL-DT-ST Model: DVDRAM GSA-5163D Rev: A104
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02

I can read CD-ROM disks without any problem. However, when I try to read
a DVD disk, I can see the directory tree and the files within the
directories, but can't ready any file.
K3B detects it as a burning device, but can't record DVDs (it stops
responding). Didn't try to burn a CD yet, gotta buy a disk to test.

Any clues?

Thanks,

Marcelo