wma help

Deepak d8888pak at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 7 02:31:20 UTC 2005

Try this script, which converts wma to mp3 format. This script can be
found at:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&threadid=273400&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

-------------------
#!/bin/bash

# Source :
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&threadid=273400&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

# Requires: mplayer and lame

current_directory=$( pwd )

#remove spaces
for i in *.wma; do mv "$i" `echo $i | tr ' ' '_'`; done

#remove uppercase
for i in *.[Ww][Mm][Aa]; do mv "$i" `echo $i | tr '[A-Z]' '[a-z]'`;
done

#Rip with Mplayer
for i in *.wma ; do mplayer -vo null -vc dummy -ao pcm:file=$i.wav $i;
done

#Convert to mp3
lame -h *.wav;

# Delete WAV files
rm *.wav;

I used this script to convert my wma files to mpe format but in my case
it cannot convert bulk of wma file. Only one at a time, so make sure
that there is only one wma file at a time in the folder where you want
to convert this file.