Multi-session CDROM access... How?

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Fri Oct 7 15:03:38 UTC 2005

Mike McCarty wrote:
> Edward Dekkers wrote:

> Well, things are basically as I understood them. What I don't understand
> is why xcdroast created the disc in the manner it did, not merging
> the TOCs, and what different option selections I need to make in order
> that this not happen again.
>
> Other than trying each of the four combinations of those two options,
> what should I do in order to understand what is going on? I have read
> the web site, but this level of detail is not covered.
>
> Perhaps I need to send an e-mail to the author. I just thought that
> someone here might be well-acquainted with xcdroast.
>
> Mike

I understand the problem and this is an area that takes some learning.
  I actually made a mistake in one of my posts about fixation.  I had
it confused with finalization.  If a disk is finalized, it cannot be
used as a multisession.  Fixation is what writes the TOC.

http://simplythebest.net/info/pc/cd_writing.html

As I have had problems in the past with multi-session CD's, I decided
to take some extra time to look into this as well.

I found this link to be informative.
http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialCDBurn.html

It has this about X-CDroast.
This is easiest with X-CdRoast which can perform the necessary
calculations but it can also be done via the command line.

And this is a direct link on how to make multisession CD's with X-CDroast.

http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/tutorials/xcdroast/multisession.html.en

It points to a step to load the previous session image.  Did you do this?

I think it is time to experiment.  I use K3B myself.

It is a good day.  I learned something new.
Why I like this forum.

--
Robin Laing