VCD burning in linux (vcd imager error)

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 9 15:49:25 UTC 2005

--- Deepak <d8888pak at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks for advice,
>
> I tried to install vcd imager (version 0.7.23) from
> tarball (since I
> wasn't able to find the rpm package) but running the
> configure script
> shows me following error:
>
> ************
> checking for libcdio >= 0.72... Package libcdio was
> not found in the
> pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing
> `libcdio.pc'
> No package 'libcdio' found
> configure: error: Required libcdio library not
> found. Please get
> libcdio from http://www.gnu.org/software/libcdio/
> and install it.
> ************
>
> I tried to check if libcdio is installed
>
> $ rpm -q libcdio
>
> shows:
> libcdio-0.76-1.fc4
>
> so my version of libcdio is different from the one
> vcd image is looking
> for. My questions are:
>
> 1) Is it possible to install two versions of
> libcdio? If yes how?

yes, the one that you have installed via rpm, and the
other one which is only available to you as a tarball.
 run ./configure, make and make install and you should
be on your way.  The other alternative if you can't
find any rpms in the repositories is to sit down and
wait to see if someone will package libcdio for you so
that you can install vcd imager.

> 2) If no, how to make vcd imager work in my fedora
> core 4?
> 3) Is there other alternatives?
> 4) Currently I don't have cdrdao installed in my
> system (and I am not
> familiar with it). Is there a way to burn it from
> K3B after processing
> from vcd imager?

I guess you do need to get cdrdao.  rpm is avialable
for cdrdao-1.19 and the latest is 1.20 which is only a
source tarball.  Choose one and install it.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2171&package_id=2116

> Any advice much appriciated.
>

> --- James Kaufman <jmk at kaufman.eden-prairie.mn.us>
> wrote:
>
> > vcdimager works great from a command line:

> > cdrdao write <cuefile>
> >

> _

> http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com
>
> --