kernel source install

Neil Cherry ncherry at comcast.net
Sun Oct 9 17:36:23 UTC 2005

Jeff McKeon wrote:
> [...]

Normally I'd say google it but I couldn't find it there! So here try
this:

http://hostap.epitest.fi/wpa_spplicant/

Here's how I run the whole thing:

modprobe ndiswrapper # (I did the whole setup thing before this)
iwconfig wlan0 essid YeahRightImNotTelling # replace with yours
iwconfig wlan0 channel 6 # try others if it's in use by others
ifconfig wlan0 192.168.0.10 # what ever ...
sleep 1 # I had a little trouble if I rushed things
wpa_supplicant -Dndiswrapper -iwlan0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -B
sleep 2
route add default gw 192.168.0.254 wlan0

My wpa_supplicant.conf file is a lot of comments but with only this
entry:

eapol_version=1 # could try 2

ap_scan=1
fast_reauth=1

network={
   ssid= "YeahRightImNotTelling"
   psk="Your PSK"
   key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
   proto=WPA
   priority=5
   bssid=00:11:22:33:44:55
}

Replace 00:11:22:33:44:55 with the MAC address of your WRT54G.

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               (Text only)
http://hcs.sourceforge.net/                     (HCS II)