Shutdown / runlevel change messages go to vt8

Jonathan Rawle gmane at jonathanrawle.co.uk
Sun Oct 9 21:06:15 UTC 2005

In FC4, the messages on shutdown or runlevel changes seem to go to vt8,
instead of vt1 as with previous releases. I thought this was due to RHGB,
but it seems to happen even with it disabled. A side-effect is that
shutdowns proceed with a blank screen unless a key is pressed. Also, single
user mode goes onto vt8.

Where are the messages redirected to a different terminal? I've had a look
thought all the init scripts but I can't find it.

Jonathan

--
http://jonathan.rawle.org/